Saturday, September 10, 2016

New Student Orientation

I finally arrived at Gordon Conwell and moved everything into my dorm room. This is officially my first time dorming so everything is still very new to me, but I will say that my room is pretty nice. There is a Living Room, bathroom, one single room, and one double room. I have one suite mate who lives in the single next to me, and I live in a double by myself. It took a little while to get adjusted and unpack everything, but now that its all done, I can't wait to get started. I already have reading that needs to be done before class, so I already bought all my books and have started to read them.




















Upon arriving, this whole week has been New Student Orientation. We basically spent the whole week going over many many different things that we would need to know being a new student. Our schedule was jam packed with different activities and socials to get us familiar with the professors and each other. Each professor warmly invited us, and some of them even invited the new students to have dessert with them in their own houses. We also spent time getting an overview of Old and New Testament, along with learning about Soul Care. They taught us a general overview of the "CASKET EMPTY" project which is a schematic that goes through the whole bible. There was so much new knowledge to be learned, and I really felt challenged to rethink the bible as a whole over and over again.




During this orientation God also reminded me of my initial purpose in coming to Seminary. I had heard his calling, and to this my response was to give up control of my own life to Him, and let Him lead me. This was something that I somehow forgot and lost during the busy summer I just had, and so it was really refreshing to be reminded of this. Besides that, throughout my time here, I have been facing a lot of culture shock. Jumping from an Asian community to where I am now was definitely something that needed adjusting to. The people were different, the campus was different and even the food and water was different. I felt like a small fish in a BIG LAKE, and it was a bit hard initially to just put myself out there. Thankfully, everyone here has been extremely kind and intentional about making relationships and getting to know each other. I was also able to spend a lot more time with God than when I lived in the big apple. There is a good amount of time where I can just relax and enjoy my time with the Lord in my dorm room or out in nature.























So Gordon Conwell was originally a monastery, and this was a symbol left behind from them.
WHEN YOU SEE IT:



(What do you see?)
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
Answer: Lego Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment